O’NEILL WAKE THE LINE – QUALIFIER
DATES AND LOCATIONS
- March 2nd/3rd Penrith/Australia – TOP 3 – 1st Aaron Gunn, 2nd Mitch Langfield, Chris O’Shea
- NEXT QUALIFIER: May 11th Orlando/USA – TOP 3 – Register Now: OWC Registration Form 2013
- May 17th/18th Moscow/Russia – TOP 1 – Register Now: trajectory.ru/wtl.htm
- May 19th Langenfeld/Germany – TOP 3 – Register Now: wasserski-langenfeld.de
The Qualifier format consist of two group rounds and one final with eight finalists, three of whom win a starting position at “O’Neill Wake The Line”. All in all, a total of 10 additional riders will join “O’Neill Wake The Line” and fight for the $50.000 prize money. All 10 qualified Riders will get travel cost support and free lodging in Cologne for the weekend.
“O’Neill Wake The Line presented by Relentless Energy Drink” is a two tower rail and kicker event. Similar to the last five years at the Stadionbad in Cologne/Germany all four qualifiers will be set up with mostly UNIT Parktech features. The riders will be pulled by a SYSTEM 2.0, the world’s best two tower cable system, developed by riders for riders.
JUDGING PANEL AND CRITERIA
Besides the known WTL judging criteria, the “O’Neill Wake The Line” judging panel will make their call based on these components:
- Control is essential since at “O’Neill Wake The Line” space is very limited.
- Versatility is desired since we are looking for top skills in all sections.
- Creativity is required to step up the game and compete with the world’s best riders at this top notch event.
- Different lines, new tricks or unexpected moves not only fire up the crowd but also endorse rail events in general.